Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Chapter 1 - Meeting Drake

Whoa. I couldn't believe it. I had finally made it into Young Money. "Lil Wayne signed me. LIL WAYNE! He's a big fucking deal. I knew I couldn't mess this up. This was the oppurtunity of a lifetime." I thought to myself. Suddenly, a tall brooding figure loomed over me. Looking at his shadow I could tell he had broad shoulders.
"Excuse me", he said in an accent I recognized almost immedeatly. I looked up. It couldn't be. But yet here he was. Jimmy from Degrassi in the flesh. He was even more handsome in person. "Excuse me," he said once again. Finding my words I finally spoke. "Can I help you with something?" I said pretending not to recognize him. "Are you Onika? Onika Maraj? Wayne said you would be in the studio recording. I hope I'm not interrupting you," he said politely. "I'm Drake."
"I know who you are!" I said a bit to harshly. Who did he think he was walking up in here and interrupting me while I was tryna get work done. "My name is Nicki. Nicki Minaj. Not Onika." I said.
"Okay, "Nicki" I was just wondering if you wanted to grab something to eat later. Get to know each other." he said.
"I'm busy." I said.
"To busy to eat?"
"To busy to hang out with you. Now if you will excuse me your interrupting my writing process."
"I'm sorry I didn't mean to interrupt. It's just that a few if us are going out later. Shanell is also coming and we didn't want her to be the only female. But if your busy I'll jus-"
"Oh. Wait. Its a group thing. I thought- never mind."
"You didn't think it was a date did you?" he said laughing at my mistake. For some reason it made me blush. I finally looked him in the eyes. There was something so genuine about them that made me smile. The innocence of it all. It made me want to know more about this Drake. He interrupted my thoughts by asking me if I was attending once again.
"I will be there." I told him. "Can you leave now?" I said slightly annoyed that he had caused me to lose focus. "Cool," he said. "Guess I will see you there." As he walked out he didn't even look behind him. I sat there in utter disbelief. In those brief five minutes, Drake had managed to turn this badass from Queens into mush with one smile. "Get it together Nic," I said to myself. "The baddest bitch in the game will not be seduced by a silly smile." I pulled the blanket a little tighter around me and cranked up the heat. Tossing some cranberries and almonds in my mouth I continued working on my music, eager to get out that studio and into his arms.

2 comments:

  1. Zamn she was mad rude! lol
    For a minute I thought he was asking her out on a date too but it's a group thing & she was trying to play hard to get..lmaoo wow Nika. Cute chapter..on to the next one :)

    ReplyDelete